Senior Citizen Discount
Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9994 or the Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2010. Eligible senior citizens whose monthly consumption does not exceed 100 kwh are entitled to a 5% discount in their electricity bill.
To apply for the discount, a senior citizen must submit the following requirements to the distribution utility (DU):
- Proof of age and citizenship (OSCA ID, Birth Certificate etc.);
- Proof of residency (Barangay Certificate of Residency etc.);
- Proof of BENECO billing (under the name registered in the name of the senior citizen residing therein of the senior citizen); and
- Authorization letter (if applying through exceed one hundred kilowatt hours (100 kWh) a representative).
To be entitled of the discount:
- Individual meters should be
- The monthly consumption does not exceed one hundred kilowatt hours (100kWh).
- The privilege is granted per household regardless of the number of senior citizens residing therein
Applicants shall RENEW their application ANNUALLY to ensure that they are still eligible for the discount.
Only the OSCA ID will be required for renewal.